Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bliss Balls


Hey Melissa,

I made these and they are addictive. Of course I deviated from the recipe to make them work for me but you will have to try them.

1 C. dates (pitted)
3/4 C. Raw almonds (soaked 8 hrs and drained)
1/4 C raisins (soaked in water until plump then drain). You can leave them whole and mix them in by hand with the other ingredients but I prefer to blend them in the dough.

Mix above items in food processor until smooth. Then mix the below ingredients in by hand.

1/4 C. Sunflower seeds (soaked 8-12 hrs and drained) or you can try pumpkin seeds as well
1/4 C. Almond butter or Macadamia nut butter or raw Tahini. ( I used almond because I had some) I will have to try it with Tahini.
1 and 1/2 Tbl Flax seeds soaked in 1 Tbl of water until water is absorbed ( it took about 30 mins or so)
1 and 1/2 tsp of carob powder
1 and 1/2 tsp of spirulina powder (I did not have any so I omitted it)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cardamom powder

Roll into balls and refrigerate while they last. You can roll them in shredded coconut as well. I didn't have any so I did not do it and they are still amazing. Of course Q doesn't think he likes dried fruit like raisins and dates so he has not tried them but he assures me he will try them in his own time. We will see.

1 comment:

  1. Im so excited! Amy and I are going to eat so healthy starting tomorrow. Cant wait to try these! We will be adding some recipes!

    ReplyDelete